The Family History Guide - A Beginners Guide

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Family History Guide - Quick Tour


Hello all,

I am going to post this to the blog but I wanted you to have the whole email. Since I didn't write it, I can't repost it on my blog except to give a link (which I will). This blog is called GENEALOGY STAR.

I have talked about multiple times about The Family History Guide. ( www.thefhguide.com )It is 'approved' by the church to use it for your own personal training and to train members on how to do their own family history. I have mentioned several times that this website will also show members and yourselves how to do some research for your ancestors. It includes the basics for FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, FindMyPast.com and MyHeritage.com.

You may think you know a website well and don't think to look into it. But I would. I am working on the FamilySearch training and I am amazed on how much I didn't know how to do some very simple tasks. It helps fill in the gaps in our own knowledge.

The site also have an online tracker and you can also print them, this will help you keep track of your personal training. There are also trackers for the other websites and training that I mentioned and also for the state, country research. It teaches step by step. Even the basics on how to use a computer. This is helpful.

PLEASE take the time to be familiar with the site and for your personal training. I am going to keep going through it. You never know what you will learn. Even for the seasoned researcher.

Enjoy,
Sis. Jill Holmes






No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS